Let’s start by logging into bandit level 6 machine
ssh email@example.com -p 2220
with the password that we got from our previous level.
let’s list all the files that in our home directory
Since there’s nothing interesting, then let’s search the whole server.
Let’s structure the find command ( i will structure part of it, as the size is too specific :D)
find / -type f -group bandit6 -user bandit7 -size 33c
you should get the following results
now there are a lot of “permission denied” errors, let’s make our results a bit cleaner.
find / -type f -group bandit6 -user bandit7 -size 33c 2> /dev/null
Now, let’s explain what is the command above
- “/” is for root directory
- -type f is for the type which is “file”
- -size is to specify the size of the file we’re searching for
- c is for bytes
- -group to specify the group name
- -user is to specify the user
- 2> /dev/null to not display errors
now let’s read our file
and we should get level 7 password